G2 Crowd: 50 Noteworthy Cybercrime Statistics in 2019.
Experiences with identity theft increased fourfold between 2017 and 2018. (Norton, 2018)
- More than $15 billion was stolen in incidents related to identity theft in 2017. (Norton, 2018)
- 71 percent of Americans say they worry about cybercrime. (Gallup, 2018)
- 30 percent of U.S. consumers were affected by data breaches in 2018. (Gallup, 2018)
- Individual victim losses due to internet crime were greater than $1.4 billion in 2017. (FBI, 2018)
- The Internet Crimes Complaint Center (IC3) received more than 300,000 complaints related to cybercrime in 2017. (FBI, 2018)